The Salzburg University of Applied Sciences in retrospect:
- March 2015: Salzburg University of Applied Sciences receives the “Seal of Approval for Workplace Health Promotion (WHP)". The seal of approval is the highest Austrian Award for exemplary and above all sustainable investment in employee health.
- May 2014: Hilmar Linder, Head of the Degree Programme MultiMediaTechnology and Vice Rector at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences together with the communication expert Susanne von Baeckmann receives the “Ars docendi State Award”. This is awarded by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy and highlights outstanding performance and exceptional commitment in higher education.
- May 2014: for the 10th time, the in-house Job and Recruiting Fair CONTACTA takes place at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, organized by students of the Business Management Programme.
- September 2014: The part-time bachelor degree programme SME-Management & Entrepreneurship starts its first semester with 30 students. This course of study provides customized management training for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- September 2014: Salzburg University of Applied Sciences is admitted to the "climate-active" circle of partners by Federal Minister Andrä Rupprechter.
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences is the first of six Salzburg universities to receive the EU Commission’s Diploma Supplement Label for transparency and quality in the implementation of the Bologna objectives.
- September 2013: The first 40 students begin bachelor programme "Smart Building – Energy-Efficient Building Technology and Sustainable Building". This part-time course of studies will educate a new generation of engineers that will approach sustainable building and energy-efficient building technology with a holistic perspective on the future.
- October 2013: The international Joint-Master-Programme "Applied Image & Signal Processing" in cooperation with the University of Salzburg starts in autumn 2013.
- November 2013: Salzburg University of Applied Sciences is awarded the State Seal of Approval for Family-Friendly University by the Federal Ministry for Family and Youth (universityandfamily). It confirms the good compatibility of study, research or teaching with family.
- May 2012: Students, faculty and staff move into the new extension at Campus Urstein.
- July 2012: The SUAS wins the award for the first Josef Ressel Research Center: "User-oriented smart grid privacy, security and control."
- September 2011: After seven years, Erhard Busek retires as Rector of the University of Applied Sciences Salzburg. His successor is the Information Systems Professor Kerstin Fink. On 27th September 2011 the ceremony for the inauguration was held in the main auditorium Urstein.
- July 2010: In collaboration with staff, partners, friends and supporters, principal and owner representatives celebrate "15 years of success at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences". The highlight is the groundbreaking ceremony for the 4,400 m² extension at Campus Urstein.
- October 2010: At Campus Urstein work starts for the extension, ready in March 2012.
- August 2009: For the first time, Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences present themselves at the UAS Forum at the European Forum Alpbach.
- Winter semester 09/10: Rector Dr. Erhard Busek as holder of a Jean Monnet Chair ad personam at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences lectures on "Dimension Europe" with a number of guest speakers from industry, media and science.
- Winter semester 09/10: The first Master programmes Information Technology & Systems Management, Design & Product Management and MultiMediaArt begin.
- September 2009: the Province of Salzburg invests nearly 10 of the 11.5 million Euros into the expansion of the Campus Urstein - a clear commitment to our university.
- September 2009: The health-care sector is also breaking new ground. Health & Nursing expands its range of health science programmes.
- November 2009: Simple elegance. On Campus Kuchl, the first academic timber construction is opened in the form of a passive house. The extension was awarded with the State Prize for Architecture and received second place in the Federal Sustainability Award 2010.
- March 2008: Opening of student accommodation block Matador on Campus Kuchl.
- Groundbreaking for the new extension to the Campus Kuchl in June 2008.
- July 2008: The new Bachelor of Health & Nursing is developed.
- The Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra was a guest on Campus Urstein in August 2008.
- September 2008: the Bachelor of MultimediaTechnology is launched, a media studies and computer science degree programme tailored to the new media world.
- At the end of March, the opening of the Meierei (dairy) located on Campus Urstein is celebrated as the new home to the degree programme Social Work and the Centre for Future Studies.
- The degree programmes Business Management and Innovation & Systems Management start in the winter semester for the first time as a Bachelor programme.
- The degree programmes "Forest Products Technology & Management" and "Construction & Design are fused into the Bachelor programme "Forest Products Technology & Timber Construction".
- From autumn 2007 onwards, the degree programme Innovation & Management in Tourism is offered as a purely English-speaking Innovation & Management in Tourism and adapts to the tourism season with its blocked study time.
- Groundbreaking for the student accommodation block Matador in July at Kuchl.
- Architectural competition and jury decision for the extension at Kuchl in July 2007.
- Expansion of the field of expertise Health & Society: With the start of the academic year 2006/07 four health science degree programmes begin with Biomedical Sciences, Midwifery, Orthoptics and Physiotherapy. Occupational Therapy and Radiation Technology begin in 2007.
- MultiMediaArt, Design & Product Management, Digital TV, and Innovation & Management in Tourism begin in autumn 2006 as a new bachelor's degree programmes.
- The degree programme in Development & Management in tourism has a new name: Innovation & Management in Tourism.
- On 16 July 2006, the academic board of the SUAS elected Rector Dr. Erhard Busek again. Vice Rector since 1st November 2006 Prof. DI Dr. Gerhard Jöchtl.
- Since September, the economic and social scientist Dr. Doris Walter, together with Raimund Ribitsch has been in charge of business matters at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences GmbH
- The degree programme Technology & Telecommunication Systems is now called Information Technology & Systems Management.
- Since 1st March 2005, the Salzburg Chamber of Commerce and the Salzburg Chamber of Labour owns 50% of the shares in the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences GmbH
- Fusion of all Salzburg University of Applied Sciences degree programs in March 2005: The previous degree programme Social Work held by the Salzburg Chamber of Labour is now one of the university degree programmes at the SUAS.
- October 2005: The Salzburg University of Applied Sciences moves into the Campus Urstein.
- The degree programme Digital Television & Interactive Services is now called Digital TV.
- On 22nd October 2004, the academic board of the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences unanimously elected the former Vice Chancellor Dr. Erhard Busek as Rector of the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences. Exactly ten years ago, as the Federal Minister for Science and Research, Dr. Busek was instrumental in the founding of the Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences.
- On 5th November 2004, the Austrian UAS council endows the "Fachhochschule Salzburg GmbH" the status of "University of Applied Sciences".
- From 1st January onwards, the degree degree programmes in Kuchl and Salzburg are united.
- In the autumn, the degree programme Construction & Design with Wood begins at Kuchl.
- At the end of the academic year, the degree programmes MultiMediaArt and Information Technology & Management go to the next licensing phase.
- IWM is taught under the new name Business & Information Management.
In early October work begins on the "Salzburg University of Applied Sciences – Campus Urstein".
- In mid-October the new building for the three degree programmes in Kuchl is officially opened.
- The degree programme Design & Product Management begins in Kuchl.
- The degree programme Digital Television & Interactive Services begins in Salzburg-Itzling.
- The part-time degree programme Development & Management in Tourism begins in Salzburg-Klessheim.
- In autumn, the Salzburg Chamber of Commerce takes over the UAS as sole shareholder and appoints Raimund Ribitsch as Managing Director on the 1st January 2000.
- The degree programmes Information Technology & Management and Telecommunications Technology & systems are extended to include part-time study.
- The department of Information Economics & Management begins in Salzburg-Itzling.
- In summer, the UAS degree programmes move into the building complex TechnoZ in Schillerstraße 30.
- The degree programme MultiMediaArt begins in Salzburg-Itzling.
- The degree programme Telecommunications Technology & Systems begins in Salzburg-Itzling.
- The degree programme Forest Products Technology & Management begins in Kuchl.
Gesundheitstouristisches Potenzial im alpinen Wintertourismus im Fokus - Erforschung...
Sie interessieren sich für ein Studium an der FH Salzburg? Die Bewerbung für folgende...
Im vergangenen Jahr wurden vier zukunftsweisende Projekte aus den unterschiedlichsten...
Mit dem Thema „Trends im Online-Marketing: Chatbots, künstliche Intelligenz, Instagram &...
425 bestens ausgebildete Absolventinnen und Absolventen wurden in der ersten Juliwoche an...
Bachelor StudentInnen des Studiengangs Design & Produktmanagement der FH Salzburg...
Seit 28. Juni 2017 heißt es wieder "Kinder gestalten Gesellschaft mit" bei der...
Zum dritten Mal geht der „Ars docendi“, der Staatspreis des Bundesministeriums für...
Die FH Salzburg und das Automatisierungsunternehmen COPA-DATA mit Sitz in...
Am 12. und 13. Juni fand die 1. Internationale Data Science Conference an der FH Salzburg...
Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2017, besuchte Mag. Muna Duzdar, Staatssekretärin für Diversität,...
Studentinnen und Studenten des Fachbereichs Möbel- und Innenausbau am Studiengang...
Die beiden FH Salzburg Startups muucare und barkinsulation wurden in das Salzburger...
Interaktive Medien, junge Kunst, ein buntes Film- und Musikprogramm, ein Designmarkt und...
Vor zwei Jahren hat der Verein Reformationsjubiläum 2017 einen Wettbewerb unter 21...
Die KinderUNI unterwegs 2017 ist erfolgreich in Bischofshofen gelandet. Forscherinnen und...