In the Radiation Technology bachelor programme, you will get versatile and practical university training, which will help you become an important interface between technology and medicine.
- are specialists in the application of imaging procedures in medicine (X-ray, split-image procedure, nuclear medicine) and in the implementation of remedial treatment with ionising radiation (radiation therapy)
- independently conduct check-ups and therapies as per a doctor’s instructions
- act as the point of contact for patients and look after them during the entire check-up and therapy process
- work with state-of-the-art medical technology and with highly specialised software
- occupy responsible positions in the field of technical quality assurance
- work as radiation protection commissioners and are responsible for protecting patients and staff against the dangers of ionising radiation
- are responsible for the administration, documentation and archiving of patient data and image material
Fields of Activity
The main fields of activity are hospitals, specialist clinics for radiology and other healthcare facilities. Besides, there are many job opportunities in the fields of research, science and medical technology as well.
Career prospects are extremely good. The occupation of radiologic technologists is considered to be stable. This is because the scope of functions is sophisticated and the workload is bound to increase in the future, owing to an increasing demand for health services as a result of the demographic development.
News Health Studies
Studierende und Lehrende des Studiengangs Physiotherapie haben im Rahmen einer Exkursion...
Zum dritten Mal geht der „Ars docendi“, der Staatspreis des Bundesministeriums für...
Am Freitag, 12. Mai 2017, wurde Christine Scharinger, MBA, im Rahmen einer...
Agnes Hattinger, Absolventin des Studiengangs Hebammen, hat mit ihrer Bachelor...
„Verantwortung im Wandel“ lautete das Motto der diesjährigen Zukunftskonferenz der...
Vom 23. Bis 28. April 2017 fand das Intensivprogramm des “European Network of Nursing in...