- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences - Bachelor and Master
- Research & Development
- Research & Development
Research & Development at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
Research made by Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
Research & Development (R&D) joins teaching as an important pillar of activity for Salzburg University of Applied Sciences and is characterised by real-world applicability and close links to business, industry and society.
Salzburg University of Applied Sciences has a research budget totalling approximately 3 million euros per year. Approximately 30% of all third-party funding comes from companies, whilst the remaining two thirds comes from a variety of different public funding agencies.
The research skills of our researchers are showcased in approximately 100 R&D projects per year and a number of research publications. The university also utilises cutting-edge technology and high-end laboratory equipment to create a modern, efficient research infrastructure.
All of these factors make Salzburg University of Applied Sciences an innovative research and co-operation partner for regional, national and – increasingly – international companies.
Research focus areas and research centres
Research focus areas
Salzburg University of Applied Sciences focuses its research on a number of different areas. This enables the university to concentrate on its strengths and compete effectively at a national and international level. Like its degree programmes, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences’ diverse research is clustered in four disciplines:
- Engineering that conducts research in the following fields: Forest Products Technology & Biogenic Technology, Information Technology & Systems Management and Smart Building & Smart City.
- Business and Social Sciences that conducts research in the following areas: Business Management, Tourism Research and 'Social Work, Social Innovation and Society'
- Design, Media and Arts with DEIREISA Design Research Salzburg and research into MultiMediaArt and MultiMediaTechnology
- Health Studies with R&D activities linked to the university’s degree programmes in Health Studies
Salzburg University of Applied Sciences currently has one research centre: The Josef Ressel Centre for User-Centric Smart Grid Privacy, Security and Control (based in Engineering Studies).
For any questions concerning Research & Development, please contact Research Coordinator Mag. Gisela Fuchs, BAKK or Research Coordinator Mag. Dr. Carmen Wageneder-Schmid.
... das steht im Fokus von zwei unterschiedlichen Forschungsprojekten (FORESDA und...
Mit dem Thema „Trends im Online-Marketing: Chatbots, künstliche Intelligenz, Instagram &...
Den Überblick im Smart Grid behalten
Die Blockchain-Technologie ist momentan in aller Munde. Ursprünglich eingeführt zur...
Im Beisein von Landtagspräsidentin Brigitta Pallauf und Landesrätin Martina Berthold fand...
Im Forschungsprojekt IMP wurde ein selbstlernendes Tool zur intelligenten Planung und...
Am 27. April präsentierte das ForscherInnen-Team rund um Markus Pausch im Beisein von...