Innovation & Management in Tourism
Study Tourism in Salzburg
Tourism demands professionalism
Tourism is an ever expanding branch of the economy, which offers great career opportunities and will continue to do so in the future. Along with the increasing challenges and the dynamism of the industry the demand for professionalism in management is growing, too.
Innovation and Management in Tourism is a university study programme for future tourism experts who will be engaged in the fields of hotel & destination management, gastronomy, event management, leisure & holiday as well as conference and tourism organisations.
Developing tourism products and professionality implementing their realisation
Through the unique combination of work and studies, students have the opportunity to apply newly gained knowledge directly to the working world.
Graduates from this programme
- Graduates recognise trends and develop alternative products for all the links in the chain of tourism services.
- They go in for professional e-marketing and understand how to use the opportunities provided by the new media as well as the numerous marketing tracks it affords.
- They understand the economic and legal framework in which to operate and are in a position to manage companies successfully in the economic sense.
- They are managers who are aware of their responsibility towards their staff and can act in team oriented fashion.
- They have several languages at their disposal and know how to hold their own in an intercultural environment.
- They have already worked on projects in the course of their studies and are equipped to take on complex tasks.
- They are familiar with knowledge management, can constantly appropriate new knowledge and are able to keep abreast of the very latest developments.
- Autumn block: October through mid February
- Spring block: End of February through end of May
- Instruction: Monday through Thursday 08.15 - 18.00
- Employment throughout program during breaks: 30 weeks in total *
- Study abroad: optional in your 5th semester*
The interjacent months should be used for employment within the field of tourism so that skills which have been acquired in the university environment can immediately be applied to professional operations. 30 weeks of employment (*) in a tourism-related field during the course of studies are mandatory.
* 25 weeks in case you enter the 3rd semester or you do a semester abroad
Organisation and study mode
Two Study Modes
Innovation & Management in Tourism is offered in English and in German (with guest lectures in English). For further information on the german-speaking programme click here.
- Mon 5pm - 9pm, Thur 8am – 6pm, Fri 8am – 1.30pm &
- every 6 weeks Fri until 9pm & Sat 8.15am – 1.15pm
- Winter Semester: September - February
- Spring Semester: February/March - July (School holidays in Salzburg state)
- Instruction: 20 hours per week
- Employment parallel to instruction: 20 hours per week
- Study abroad: 5th Semester (optional)
- Language of instruction: German / English
- Study mode: part time
- Lenght: 6 semester
- Degree awarded: BA, Bachelor of Arts in Business
- Autumn block: October until Mid February
- Spring block: End of February until end of May
- Instructions: Mon - Thur 8am - 6pm
- Employment throughout the program during breaks: 30 weeks in total*
- Study abroad: 5th semester (optional)
- Language of instruction: English
|Length of study:||6 semesters|
|Degree awarded:||Bachelor of Arts in Business (BA)|
|Study places per year:|
35 (german-speaking programme)
35 (english-speaking programme)
|Tuition:||tuition fee (€ 363,- per semester) +|
€ 19.20 student union fee per semester
Aktuell Sozial- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Ende Mai 2017 wurde Dr. Barbara Neuhofer, Fachbereichsleiterin Experience Design am...
Aktuelle Ergebnisse aus der Tourismusforschung wurden bei der internationalen...
Wie kreiert man ein besonderes Erlebnis, das noch lange in Erinnerung bleibt? Die...
Am 27. April präsentierte das ForscherInnen-Team rund um Markus Pausch im Beisein von...
2017 startete erstmalig der zweisemestrige Zertifikatslehrgang Suchmaschinenmarketing an...
„Das 'Line-up' für den KMU-Tag 2017 steht“, erzählt Dr. Stefan Märk vom Studiengang...
Eine Alternative zu gängigen Veränderungsprozessen bei dem wenig geplant wird und...
Im Rahmen der Lehrveranstaltung Kooperationen und Netzwerke besuchte das erste Semester...
Vier eingereichte Abschlussarbeiten, vier spannende und innovative Themen, drei...
Die Maxime 'denke global, handle lokal' kam im vergangenen Monat im Studiengang...