On this page we summarize important information of the FH Salzburg and links about Corona.
SUAS Covid-19 Registration Office
Notification of positive Covid-19 cases and separation/quarantine notifications
Update on 05.03.2021, 09:00
- Courses, examinations and admission procedures
Courses, examinations and admission procedures must continue to be held online. Only in exceptional cases can absolutely non-substitutable/postponable small group lectures or examinations/exams be held on site in small groups of a maximum of 18 persons, depending on the room size. These exceptions are decided by the course management. Of course, only under strict adherence to and control of hygiene measures (regular hand washing and disinfection, ventilation), minimum distance of 2 m and the wearing of FFP2 masks for all.
- Cross-border traffic and commuters
For all colleagues and students who do not have their main residence in Austria, the entry and exit regulations of the respective country must still be observed.
Appeal: Use the existing testing infrastructure of the province of Salzburg. It is not obligatory to be tested before an on-site examination/teaching event (the on-site measures remain in place even if the test result is negative). However, by getting tested, you contribute to reducing the spread of the virus. Info: https://www.salzburg.gv.at/themen/gesundheit/corona-virus/coronatests
Thank you very much for your understanding and support!
Info Update: 25.01.2021, 13:00
In addition to the 'GF Hotline' of 18.01.2021, we would like to inform you about the new 3rd Covid-19 Emergency Measures Ordinance of the Federal Government and its implementation at the FH Salzburg.
This includes, among other things, the FFP2 mask obligation for all students, external lecturers and all employees in teaching, research and administration; as well as the extension of the minimum distance to 2 metres where possible; in exceptional cases this can remain at 1 metre.
We have summarised the most important rules at a glance in the attached poster (only available in german). Further details on courses or examinations can be found in the timetable or from your degree programme.
We are convinced that we can continue to offer the highest possible security and at the same time a predictable examination and study process.
With good planning, discipline and personal responsibility, we will all manage the next weeks and months together - thank you very much for your understanding and support!
Info Update: 18.01.2021, 14:30
As is probably already known, the general lockdown in Austria has been extended by at least two weeks until 08.02.2021. According to the current state of knowledge, the traffic light colour RED will apply to universities for much longer. This leads to the following fundamental decisions for the FH Salzburg (SUAS) - especially with regard to better planning security.
Courses and examinations:
- In order to improve planning for the summer semester, the Rectorate and the management have jointly decided that, as a matter of principle, all courses and examinations will be held online until the end of the Easter holidays (5 April 2021)!
- Only in exceptional cases, absolutely non-substitutable/non-postponable small group lessons or exams in small groups of a maximum of 18 persons, depending on the room size, can be held on site. These exceptions are decided by the course management. Of course, only in strict compliance with and control of hygiene measures (minimum distance, regular hand washing and disinfection, ventilation) and - now NEW - exclusively with FFP2 masks brought along by the students themselves. Note: FFP2 masks are available for teaching staff at the Infopoint on the Urstein Campus in exceptional cases. At the Kuchl Campus, such masks are available at IFO (2nd floor, Tel. 050/2211-2070).
- Larger on-site examinations or events (19+ persons) are therefore possible after Easter at the earliest from the current point of view; further information will follow from your study programme.
Access to buildings: The buildings on the Urstein and Kuchl campuses will remain closed until further notice; access to the SUAS buildings is only possible for students and external lecturers for approved attendance lectures and examinations with the FHS card from 07:30 - 16:00 (Monday to Friday). There is still no time restriction for staff members.
Access to libraries: To enter the building at the Urstein Campus, please call the Infopoint at the closed main entrance (gate intercom). At the Kuchl Campus, please call 050/2211-2500 at the entrance. There are still no time restrictions for staff members. The current opening hours of the libraries can be found in myFHS.
The Infopoint will remain open from 08:00 - 16:00.
The maximum office occupation of 1 person/office remains restricted, i.e. complete conversion to shift work and/or home office continues to be necessary. Please consult with the respective manager in this regard.
Commuter and border traffic: With regard to current quarantine or entry regulations, please note the currently valid developments and regulations of the respective countries of destination and origin. Unfortunately, there are also signs of tightening here, so check the current regulations for you regularly.
Tip: Take advantage of the free Corona quick tests in all Salzburg districts. More: https://service.salzburg.gv.at/lkorrj/detail?nachrid=64447
As soon as the conditions change, we will be happy to inform you quickly and as usual.
Thank you for your understanding and support, best regards and take care of your health!
All the best for 2021
Your management, Your Rectorate
Info Update, 21.12.2020, 14:30
The new lockdown in Austria from December 26th, 2020 up to and including January 24th, 2021 once again sets new framework conditions for the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences.
Specifically, this means the traffic light color RED for all locations of the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, with very few exceptions:
Courses and exams:
- In principle, all courses and exams must continue to be held online!
- Only in exceptional cases, after prior notification by the course to email@example.com, absolutely non-substitutable / postponable small group lessons or exams / exams in small groups of less than 18 people can be held on site. Of course, only with strict compliance and control of the measures (masks, distance, hand washing, ventilation, etc.)
- Larger face-to-face exams on site (from 19 people) are therefore possible from 25.01.2021 at the earliest.
Access to the buildings: The Urstein and Kuchl campuses will remain closed until January 24, 2020.
From January 7th, 2020, access to the FH buildings is only possible for students and external lecturers in justified exceptional cases and with the FHS card from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday).
As before, there are no time restrictions for employees.
The library will be closed until December 6th, 2021. From January 7th, 2021, the opening times in Urstein are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The library in Kuchl is open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturdays are closed at both locations.
The maximum office occupancy of 1 person / office remains restricted, i.e. Complete conversion to shift work and / or home office required. Please in consultation with the respective manager.
Commuters / border traffic from/to Germany: With regard to current quarantine or entry regulations, please note the current developments and regulations in the respective countries of destination and origin.
Thank you for your active support, best regards and take care of your health!
Merry Christmas and the very best for 2021!
Your FHS management
Important Covid-19 information
Students, lecturers and employees can find relevant information in the intranet (myFHS). These information pages are continuously updated.
- For students: Covid-19 Informationen für Studierende | Covid-19 Information for students (myFHS Login)
- For staff/FH-employees: Covid-19 Informationen für MitarbeiterInnen (myFHS Login)
For external lecturers: Covid-19 - Informationen für Lehrende | Covid-19 Informations for lecturers (myFHS Login)
The pages can also be found at the quicklinks on the myFHS homepage.
Covid-19 Rules of Conduct for the buildings of FH Salzburg
The basic principle is: The health of all FH Salzburg members (students, external lecturers, teaching, research and administrative staff) is our top priority.
Compliance with the rules is therefore essential for stable operations.
We thank you for the consistent implementation!