On this page we summarize important information of the FH Salzburg and links about Corona.
SUAS Covid-19 Registration Office
Notification of separation/quarantine notifications
Notification of positive Covid-19 cases
under Tel: 0043 (0)676 / 84 77 95 600
(Monday - Friday from 08:00 - 17:00, Saturday - Sunday 09:00 - 16:00)
Info Update, 16.11.2020, 12:30
The university traffic light for FHS will be RED from tomorrow,with few exceptions! Contrary to the nationwide lockdown, which is valid until December 6th, 2020, the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences is extending its RED phase until 8 December 2020. Reason: since any changes to the traffic light commission will only be announced on Friday before or even at the weekend, there would be too little time for planning for 7 December. The 08.12. (Tuesday) is a public holiday anyway.
Specifically, this means from tomorrow, November 17th, 2020:
- All courses and exams are to be switched to online with immediate effect!
- Only in exceptional cases, after prior notification by the degree program to firstname.lastname@example.org, absolutely non-substitutable/postponable small group lessons can be held on site - under strict adherence to and control of the measures (NMS masks, distance, hand washing, airing etc ... ).
- The buildings Campus Urstein and Campus Kuchl will be closed from tomorrow; students and external lecturers will only be allowed to enter and stay in the FH building from Monday to Friday from 07:30 - 16:00 hrs in exceptional cases.
- For staff members there are no time restrictions on access until further notice.
- Access in Urstein and Kuchl is now only possible with the FHS card via the main entrance.
- The social rooms and common areas will also be closed. - The library will remain open, but only to be available for borrowing and return in exceptional cases.
- The maximum office occupancy is limited to 1 person per office. Complete changeover to shift operation and/or home office will be required. Please consult with the respective manager.
- The system-relevant journal services remain in operation (HKM/Infopoint, IS, IFO, postal/mail delivery).
- The cafeteria at Campus Urstein, the FAGO, will close its restaurant operations. At present, the FAGO team is working on a take-away meal after prior notification, details will be announced by FAGO via myFHS.
Information obligations to the FHS Covid-19 reporting office
- If you test positive for Covid-19, please contact the Covid registration office immediately on +43 676 847795600 (Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Clock); please even if you haven't been to the FHS for a long time.
- We ask you to immediately send all separation/quarantine notices by email to email@example.com; employees are also requested to send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- With immediate effect, due to a change in reports to the Federal Ministry, no more suspicious cases have to be reported to the Covid reporting office of the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences. Only separation / quarantine notices from contact persons and positive Covid cases are processed. Thank you for your active support, best regards and take care of your health!
Info Update, 02.11.2020
The "educational traffic light" remains on ORANGE for all our locations; From today's perspective, this should remain so for the whole of November. At the weekend there were also consultations with the Ministry of Science, the corresponding ordinance is now available. The same premise applies to all university measures as to all other measures taken by the federal government: The primary goal is to avoid unnecessary social contacts! Please also adhere to it, this is the only way we can continue to avoid a red light for our university.
Specifically, this means maintaining our operations in teaching, research and administration under the following conditions:
- General MNS obligation: This mask obligation applies to all employees, external lecturers and students within buildings and rooms of the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences. This can be omitted for examinations if the minimum distance is at least 1.5 meters. For employees who sit alone in offices, there is also no general mask requirement. It is recommended that you always wear the MNS.
- Lectures: courses (including small groups) must predominantly be carried out online. Only non-substitutable courses in small groups (max. 18 people) or exams that are not possible online can continue to be carried out on site while observing all known security measures.
- Libraries: You can borrow and return books without prior notification during opening hours. It is not possible to stay longer in the library; the reading and research areas remain blocked. Please make more use of the online media in our databases.
- Part-time studying: Part-time students and their lecturers who have to attend non-substitutable courses on site are allowed to return home after 8 p.m.
- Excursions: are still not possible.
- Business trips: Business trips abroad are still not possible; Domestic business trips and business trips are only possible in exceptional cases (unless otherwise feasible).
- Home office: Where possible and sensible, home office is absolutely preferable, please organize this ("shift operation") for each organizational unit. There should really only be one person on site per room.
- Commuters / border traffic: The borders to and from Germany remain open for work and study traffic (bring a university of applied sciences ID card and possibly a timetable); the so-called small German corner is also passable.
- Ventilation: Please observe the ventilation regulations and times marked in all rooms with windows. In rooms with automatic ventilation systems (that is, all rooms in which the windows cannot be opened), ventilation is automatic and permanent.
- Canteen: Unfortunately, the common area on the ground floor of the Kuchl campus had to be closed. The cafeteria on Campus Urstein (FAGO) will be open from Monday to Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. until further notice (with pre-order).
- Events: will not take place until further notice.
- FHS sports program: will not take place until further notice.
Important Covid-19 information
Students, lecturers and employees can find relevant information in the intranet (myFHS). These information pages are continuously updated.
- For students: Covid-19 Informationen für Studierende | Covid-19 Information for students (myFHS Login)
- For staff/FH-employees: Covid-19 Informationen für MitarbeiterInnen (myFHS Login)
For external lecturers: Covid-19 - Informationen für Lehrende | Covid-19 Informations for lecturers (myFHS Login)
The pages can also be found at the quicklinks on the myFHS homepage.
Covid-19 Rules of Conduct for the buildings of FH Salzburg
The basic principle is: The health of all FH Salzburg members (students, external lecturers, teaching, research and administrative staff) is our top priority.
Compliance with the rules is therefore essential for stable operations.
We thank you for the consistent implementation!