Marshall Plan Scholarship (MPS)
The Marshall Plan Scholarship supports the academic exchange between Austria and the U.S. and offers scholarships of € 4.000 to up to € 10.000 to Austrian and American students for a research stay of at least three months. The scholarship has a focus on universities of applied sciences and technical universities ("Fachhochschulen und Technische Universitäten") and a precondition for the application is a research done in relation to technical sciences as well as an exceptional student performance.
Please note: the research period must be at least 3 months to max. 12 months.
Please be advised that the second call for the Marshall Plan Scholarship Programm for the academic year 2018/19 will be held from March 4 to April 26, 2019. Earliest day of study is July 29, 2019.
The first call for the Marshall Plan Scholarship Program for the academic year 2019/20 will be held from September 9 until November 3, 2019. Earliest day of study according to this call is January 31, 2020.
The application process takes place in consultation with the international departmental coordinator of the respective Degree Programme. Contact person in the international office is Ms. Amelie Arrer (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note: Research period must be at least 3 months to max. 12 months
- Call: October 20th 2019 - earliest start January 31st, 2020
- Call: from March 2nd 2020 to May 18th 2020 - earliest start July 31st 2020
(the deadline was postponed from April 30th to May 18th due to the COVID-19 situation)
Important documents & links*
Ernst Mach Grant
The Ernst Mach Grant programme is named after the famous Austrian physicist and philosopher Ernst Mach (1838-1916) and is financed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF). It is especially dedicated to students and young researchers from foreign universities who want to come to Austria for a research or a study stay.
Who can apply for the grant?
Undergraduate and Graduate students who
- are studying a Master Programme at a university in one of the defined countries of origin OR
- are studying a Bachelor Programme at a university in one of the defined countries of origin and have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies by the time of taking up the grant
- are accepted as an exchange student at FH Salzburg (Contact: Teresa-Lena Grünwald)
- have excellent English and/or German skills
- are staying 4 to 10 months in Austria
- are not older than 35
- must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant
When is the closing date for the application?
- 01.03.2021 for the academic year 2021/22
Where can further information be found?
- Information brochure about the Ernst Mach Grant
- Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) (International)
- Further Information / FAQ - Ernst Mach Grant
For further information, please contact the International Office of the FH Salzburg.
* FH Salzburg will not accept any liability that the content presented by external providers is up-to-date, accurate and complete.