Educational contract between the student and the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
An educational contract is concluded between the future student and the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences (SUAS) before the student commences their studies. The contract governs the relationship between the student and the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences.
The educational contract sets out the rights and obligations of the student and the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences.
Salzburg University of Applied Sciences agrees to provide academic instruction at university level to the student within the scope of the intended study programme, on the basis of the respective curriculum and with the involvement of teaching staff who have the appropriate skills/qualifications in both their respective subject and in teaching, for the intended duration of the student's studies.
Key rights and obligations of the student:
- Non-disclosure requirement for health studies degree programmes
- Compulsory attendance of course units
- Active and positive engagement in the study programme and compliance with examination and coursework submission dates
- Requirement to regularly and promptly check messages sent via the University of Applied Sciences email address provided to the student by the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- Rules on use of the infrastructure provided by the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- Rules on potential interruption of study
- Rules on the use and disclosure of personal data in specific cases
The contract also governs:
- Copyright, usage rights and commercial exploitation rights
- Guidelines on payment of the tuition fees and student union fee (the guidelines cover, in particular, the requirement to pay the tuition fees and the student union fee.)
- Termination of the educational contract
- The contract is governed by Austrian law