The core functions of the Study Organisation Department are:
- organisational coordination of studies and teaching activities
- portrayal and support of core processes of teaching
- enrolment of new employees in programme management, and training of existing staff if new elements and changes occur as well as implementation of process training
- supervision and thematic development of the internal administration database FHs³ys
- administration and maintenance of the internal database "YLVI - your library: virtual & interactive"
- BIS report (information on running of courses) for the Austrian Quality Assurance Agency (AQA) and the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW)
- registration of relevant data at Austria Scholarships ("STIP"-report)