Where tradition and innovation meet, small- and medium-sized enterprises face special challenges. In our Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship degree, you will learn how to develop suitable solutions for this specific target group. Our practice-oriented management training provides you with a broad knowledge of the successful foundation and succession of a company. This also equips you for management positions in SMEs, among others.
|Degree awarded:||Bachelor of Arts in Business (BA)|
|Duration:||6 semesters / 180 ECTS|
|Study places per year:||30|
|Language of instruction:||German / individual courses are held in English|
|Tuition:||Tuition fee Euro 363,- per semester + Euro 20.20 student union fee per semester|
|Instruction:||full-time: Monday to Friday all-day part-time: Friday afternoon, Saturday all-day and one full week per semester|
Why study Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences?
Our Bachelor's degree programme will turn you into an expert in small- and medium-sized enterprises. Whether financing, recruitment, or HR – you identify opportunities and risks and create innovative solutions for successful business development.
During your course, you will learn everything about strategic business management as well as about project and process management. In addition to professional and managerial skills, you will also develop your social skills. Learn how to react quickly and flexibly to market conditions, to develop sustainable competitive advantages in the market, and to attract the best professionals to your company.
Among others, you will cover the following during your degree:
- Strategic corporate management
- Financing issues
- Recruitment and retention of qualified personnel
- Project and process management
- Innovation and development of new business models
- Initiation of supra-regional business activities
- Social skills
Important aspects of our Bachelor's degree in SME Management & Entrepreneurship Study content and focus areas
During the six semesters of your SME Management & Entrepreneurship studies, you will be intensively concentrating on the conditions and special characteristics of the SME market.
The curriculum of our Bachelor's degree programme is structured as follows:
1st and 2nd semester: Developing a solid basis
- Basic business knowledge
- Systematic understanding of the challenges facing SMEs
3rd to 5th Semester: SME development areas
- Work on real business projects
- Development, creation, and marketing of new, innovative products and services
4th and 5th semester: Entrepreneurial spirit
- Development of supra-regional procurement and sales markets
- Realisation and scaling technology-based ideas
- The organisation of successful business succession within a family business
6th Semester: Deepening and thesis
- Developing business models
- Business excellence
- Risk management
- Bachelor's thesis