Sophisticated web applications, mobile apps, and innovative games: in our Bachelor's in Multimedia Technology programme, you will shape the digital future. As a prospective expert in media informatics and software development, you will learn how to combine technology and creativity. This will enable you to develop ground-breaking applications for the world of tomorrow. Our Bachelor's degree at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences is the ideal springboard into the world of digital media and the communications industry!
|Degree awarded:||Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)|
|Duration:||6 semesters / 180 ECTS|
|Study places per year:||46|
|Language of instruction:||German|
|Tuition:||Tuition fee Euro 363,- per semester + Euro 20.70 student union fee per semester|
Why study Multimedia Technology at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences?
Our Multimedia Technology course will give you a broad knowledge of all technical aspects of the modern media world. Learn more about the basics of media informatics and get to know different programming languages during your studies.
Through numerous practical projects, including our MultiMediaArt partner programme, you will gain experience working with a team of designers and learn about typical workflows within the digital industry. At the same time, you get to put together an impressive portfolio.
Among others, during your Multimedia Technology studies you will deal with:
- Web and internet technologies
- Games (mobile, PC, console)
- 3D and computer graphics
- Mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Programming and software development
- Human-machine interaction
- Augmented and virtual reality
Quality is convincing: Numerous international awards prove that our students' work is excellent in many ways. Among others, projects done during our Multimedia Technology degree courses have won awards at the Mozilla Game Challenge, the European Youth Awards, and the Austrian Computer Graphics Awards.
Important aspects of our Bachelor's degree in Multimedia Technology
Study content and focus areas
Our Multimedia Technology course will teach you the basics in topics like web programming, applied mathematics, and project management, especially during the first semester.
From the third semester you get to choose your specialisation in one of two main areas:
- Interaction design and usability
- Programming in PHP
- Content management systems
- Back-end development with Ruby on Rails and node.js
- Performance optimisation of web pages
- Tools for software development and collaboration
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Operation of web servers (web operations)
- Relational databases, text search engines, semantic web
- Game engines (Unity 3D, Unreal)
- Software architecture
- Computer graphics
- Real-time simulation of virtual worlds
- Artificial intelligence for games
- Network and multiplayer
- Programming tools and plug-ins
- Virtual and augmented reality
Cutting edge: Current know-how and fresh input are regularly taught in innovative game jams, meet-ups, barcamps, and workshops.
Specialise in leadership:
If you would like to develop your skills further in multimedia technology, how about a Master's degree at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences?